Who we are
Our website address is: https://davealston.co.uk
The owner of this site is sole trader David Alston.
Office: 745 Cameron House, White Cross, South Road, Lancaster, England, Great Britain. LA1 4XF.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- David Alston (Sole Trader) needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given David Alston (Sole Trader) permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in David Alston (Sole Trader) legitimate interests
- David Alston (Sole Trader) needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Dave Alston's website follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Dave Alston's website uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Note that Dave Alston's website has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
How We Protect Your Data
All our data is secured to high industry standards.
Our site uses SSL (https protocol (you can see the green padlock). We use 2 Factor Authentication so that only authorised personnel may access the website. This helps prevent hackers accessing the site and either setting up software to steal visitor/subscriber details or simply preventing users access the site or their data.
We only use third party software and services which comply to rigorous standards of security and privacy (such as 2 Factor Authentication) to help eliminate risk to your data or infiltration by hackers through ‘back doors’ which partnering with security weak vendors or providers may leave open.
We would rather pay more, to work with secure third party vendors who have a good track record of security such as Google, than save a little money and find ourselves or your data more vulnerable to hackers or infiltrators.
We have installed robust anti virus and security software systems on the site to prevent hackers accessing the site via such things as ‘brute force’, ‘man in the middle’ attacks and more etc.
What Data Breach Procedures Do We Have In Place?
Should there be a data breach we will execute the following procedure...
- The Data Protection Officer (David Alston) will notify the affected parties asap (within 24 hrs of the breach being discovered).
- Reset all passwords/review and renew all security procedures ensuring all subscribers change passwords too.
- Work with third party vendors/developers to ascertain and stop the breach spreading/deepening.
- In extreme cases, shut down the site yet ensure there is a public notice to inform the public what is happening.
- Ensure the subscribers and customers are communicated in a timely manner throughout the breach either via email or if that has been compromised then via the support desk/and or other channels such as Twitter etc.
- Should the severity of the breach require it, report to relevant authorities such as the Police.
- Call in specialist help, and including legal counsel should point 6 arise and is required.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Dave Alston's website does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.